A NEW DRAMA SERIES INSPIRED BY COLMAN DOMINGO‘S PLAY ‘DOT’
ALLBLK, the first and largest streaming service for Black TV and film from AMC Networks, is partnering with the American Black Film Festival (ABFF) to kick off a nationwide casting call for the co-star of its latest original production, “West Philly, Baby.” A new half-hour family dramedy created by “Fear the Walking Dead” alum Colman Domingo. “West Philly, Baby” is a one-hour drama that is bitingly funny and achingly dramatic. At the center is the Shealy Family, led by its feisty matriarch, Dot. Dot is at the start of her journey with Alzheimer’s. This is anything but a sad and tragic tale but instead a wild, funny, secret-filled, grounded and soapy drama with a family that has always had no filter.
Talent Search Role Requirements, Rules, and Regulations
1. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
2. Instructions for submissions:
Each participant will have to submit the following:
SLATE: On the audition tape, please state your name, age, height, state/country of residence, and representation (if you have representation) at the beginning of your slate.
When reading the scene, please have a reader to read opposite of you (out of frame).
LIGHTING & SOUND: Make sure you are well lit and that the sound is ok.
FRAMING: Please shoot Head & Shoulders, so that when watching playback, we can clearly see the actors face.
All submitted material is subject to be used for promotional use on all platforms including social media by ALLBLK and AMC Studios.
3. All three submission items must be submitted here: https://bit.ly/wpbopencall
Please email all questions to email@example.com
4. Submissions will be accepted from July 5, 2021 – August 15, 2021.
5. Five finalists will be selected and notified by September 15, 2021.
6. If you are selected as one of the 5 finalists, you will participate in the final round of the casting call as a part of the ABFF film festival. You will have to perform a scene from the new series, “West Philly, Baby”, with Colman Domingo (or another cast member) in front of the panel of judges and a live audience.
7. The winner will ultimately be cast in the new, original series, “West Philly, Baby”, created and directed by Colman Domingo.
8. We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. Please submit qualified performers without regard to disability, race, age, national origin, ethnic origin or any other basis prohibited by law.
9. All submitted materials become the property of ALLBLK and AMC Studios.
ALLBLK is an invitation to a world of streaming entertainment that is inclusively, but unapologetically – Black. Featuring a diverse lineup of content that spans across genres and generations, the ALLBLK library includes exclusive original series such as Craig Ross Jr.’s Monogamy, A House Divided, and Double Cross; must-see independent films, nostalgic Black cinema, popular network TV, lively stage plays, and so much more. ALLBLK is available everywhere streaming services are found – iOS, Android, Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV and Apple TV Channels, Roku and Roku Channels, Amazon Fire TV, YouTube TV, Cox, DISH, Sling TV, Charter and more. ALLBLK’s content can also be found on Comcast and AT&T outlets under the WEtv+ banner. At www.ALLBLK.tv, ALLBLK offers a free 7-day trial and thereafter is just $4.99/month or $49.99/year. Keep up with ALLBLK on Facebook at Facebook.com/WatchALLBLK and Twitter/Instagram @WatchALLBLK.