ALLBLK x ABFF Shoot Your Shot National Casting Call for JUDGE ME NOT
ALLBLK, the first and largest streaming service for Black TV and film from AMC Networks, is partnering with the American Black Film Festival (ABFF) to kick off a nationwide casting call for the co-star of its latest original production, “Judge Me Not.” A new hour-long psychological/legal drama created by TV icon, Judge Lynn Toler. “Judge Me Not” focuses on a millennial, Black female attorney navigating mental health issues, a rocky romantic relationship and a volatile family who shocks everyone when she wins a judicial seat at 31. Once there, she fights her demons while managing the chaos of a busy court.
Talent Search Role Requirements, Rules, and Regulations
1. Must be 18 years of age or older to enter.
2. Instructions for submissions:
Each participant will have to submit the following:
SLATE: On the audition tape, please state your name, age, height, state/country of residence, and representation (if you have representation) at the beginning of your slate.
When reading the scene, please have someone read opposite of you (out of frame).
LIGHTING & SOUND: Make sure you are well lit and that the sound is ok.
FRAMING: Please shoot Head & Shoulders, so that when watching the playback, we can clearly see the actor’s face.
All submitted material is subject to be used for promotional use on all platforms including social media by ALLBLK and AMC Studios.
3. Both submission items must be submitted here: bit.ly/JMNOpenCall
Please email all questions to email@example.com
4. Submissions will be accepted from March 21 2022 – April 21, 2022.
5. Five finalists will be selected and notified by May 15, 2022.
6. If you are selected as one of the 5 finalists, you will participate in the final round of the casting call as a part of the ABFF film festival. You will have to perform a scene from the new series, “Judge Me Not”, with a special surprise guest, in front of the panel of judges and a live audience.
7. The winner will ultimately be cast in the new, original series, Judge Me Not, created by Judge Lynn Toler.
8. We are committed to diverse, inclusive casting. Please submit qualified performers without regard to disability, race, age, national origin, ethnic origin, or any other basis prohibited by law.
9. All submitted materials become the property of ALLBLK.
ALLBLK is an invitation to a world of streaming entertainment that is inclusively, but unapologetically – Black. Featuring a diverse lineup of content that spans across genres and generations, the ALLBLK library includes exclusive original series such as A House Divided and Double Cross; must-see independent films, nostalgic Black cinema, popular WE tv originals, lively stage plays, and so much more. ALLBLK is available everywhere streaming services are found – iOS, Android, Amazon Prime Video Channels, Apple TV and Apple TV Channels, Roku and Roku Channels, Amazon Fire TV, YouTube TV, Cox, DISH, Sling TV, Charter, and more. At www.ALLBLK.tv, ALLBLK offers a free 7-day trial and thereafter is just $5.99/month or $59.99/year. Keep up with ALLBLK on Facebook at Facebook.com/WatchALLBLK and Twitter/Instagram @WatchALLBLK.